It's been almost a year since I've updated my blog. Life sure gets in the way of things, doesn't it? It's been one heck of a year for us. In June of 2011 we got Nick home after 6 months in the picu in Fargo. We had some very awesome nurses that worked with Nick in our home for just over a year. Let me tell you, I could never do their job. They worked MANY 16 hour shifts with our special boy, to help ease the stress on us, why? Because they cared so much about our family, but especially Nick. In July of 2012, we made the very hard decision to place Nick in a group home for special needs kids. Best decision we have ever made! The Anne Carlsen Center in Jamestown, ND is amazing and so is the staff. Nick did great there, and then back in September his doctor noticed he was quite sleepy and that his head was getting larger. The decision was made to send him to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN. Once there, they determined he has significant hydrocephaly and needed to to an emergency shunt surgery. Now its October 20th, 2012 and we are still here. Nick had yet another shunt surgery on Monday, and so far that's working well. It's been a long and rough road for us all this last 4 years, but we keep going! I'm going to try to start updating this blog more. I need an escape from life every now and then. So whether its an update on Nick or a recipe, I will post more often!
Thanks for reading :)
No comments:
Post a Comment